Servicing, Warranty Claims, Guidance and Customer Assistance
Phone or email Trade Depot directly as soon as you can and generally before engaging tradespeople to service or repair your item. Our contact details:
To claim your Warranty on your item, you can:
- Lodge the claim online: please download our Warranty / Repair Claim Form and fill it out and email it to [email protected].
- Lodge the claim in store: call into any of our stores and discuss your warranty claim with one of our salespeople.
- Lodge the claim over the phone: please call us on 09 636 1111 and talk to our customer services representative.
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act sets out certain guarantees goods have to meet. It specifies rights and remedies available to you if our goods fail to meet one or more of these guarantees. Trade Depot, its warranties, and its terms of sale will comply with all requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act.
"When things go wrong, we’ll do our best to right them no matter who is at fault."
Trade Depot offers a standard 12-month warranty on most items excluding circumstances and items noted under Warranty Limitations. We will repair, replace or refund the item depending on how serious the fault is. The warranty only covers damage to the item and may not cover consequential losses or costs.
- Trade Depot offers an easy return policy with money back.
- Spare/replacement parts are often replaced free or very low cost if you’ve damaged/misplaced them and even if the warranty time period has expired.
- When installation of replacement parts is a minor, simple task or does not require a professional service person, we may ask for you to install these yourself.
In addition to our standard 12-month warranty, some of our items and manufacturer ranges come with an extended manufacturer/parts warranty. Our website will clearly state any extended warranty terms on our individual product pages.
Please note that the current warranty cover periods on our website were updated on 18. September 2018. Any warranty claim is subject to the warranty terms that were in effect on the date of purchase.
This means that the current extended warranty terms are valid for purchases on or after the 18. September 2018. Note that, outside of warranty, we will endeavour to provide you with any parts and assistance necessary to fix your item, however incurred costs may be passed on to you.
The standard and extended warranty do not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Misuse of a product and/or use for which it was not designed
- Neglect, deliberate damage, failure to care for or maintain the product in an acceptable manner
- Unauthorised repairs or modifications
- Minor imperfections not affecting performance or decorative value
- Damage caused after removal and reinstallation, for example when moving house
- Installation by persons not qualified to perform them. For example, a gas stove must be installed by a qualified gas technician.
The warranty is for personal or household use only. It excludes commercial/industrial, rental property and item rental use.
Limited Warranty Claim Costs/Fees
- Free warranty areas include homes in central city suburbs/areas of Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Wellington and Christchurch (excluding outlining areas and Islands).
In these areas, Trade Depot will endeavour to repair, replace or service your warranty claim within a 5 working day period.
- In other areas, a travel surcharge and callout fees will apply which will be waived in a return-to-base situation.
- Items to be serviced/inspected must be in a suitable (thoroughly clean) condition otherwise costs of cleaning and repair preparation may apply.
Unauthorised Repairs / Repairers
Repairs and repairers must be authorised by Trade Depot Limited otherwise their repair costs may not be covered in full by warranty. The amount covered will be assessed by Trade Depot.
Installation Workmanship and Materials
Installations and workmanship not carried out by personnel authorised by Trade Depot Limited are excluded by the provisions of this warranty. Please ensure you obtain a comprehensive written warranty from your tradesman for all materials and workmanship completed and keep a copy of quotes, invoices, warranties and all correspondence.
All goods must be installed, serviced and/or operated by a qualified experienced tradesperson.
- Installations must comply with industry standards and normal practices including pre-installation inspection and checking and post-installation testing of all functions for failure. Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product.
- Sanitary, Plumbing and Drainage items must be installed by a registered industry professional.
- Electrical Installations must be undertaken by a licensed electrical worker and a Certificate of Compliance or Electrical Safety Certificate (including Registration / Practicing licence number) may be required.
Consequential loss, installation and costs are generally not covered by warranty
Trade Depot will not meet the costs of tradesmen, services, penalties or any other losses/costs whatsoever caused by any event/failure including time-to-time lateness, errors and damaged parts.
Installation without pre-inspection for visible faults and for correct items/parts supply
Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws/correct items/in-full before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product after that time.
Warranties are not transferable beyond the original purchaser.
Heat Pump Service Areas
Heat Pump Service Centres:
- Palmerston North
- New Plymouth